Microsoft 365 (Teams) - Accessing a SharePoint Team Site from the Teams App
This article will provide instructions on how to access a Team SharePoint site from the Teams app.
Beginning in the Teams desktop app:
- Click on the Teams tab in the left side menu.
- Select the team and channel that you wish to open the respective SharePoint Team site for.
- You can easily click Files for a quick view of the files in the Team:
- In the toolbar at the top of your working screen, click the button to Open in SharePoint
- Note: If you do not see the Open in SharePoint button, click the ellipsis button in your tool bar. From the menu select Open in SharePoint.
- Note: You can also bring up the Open in SharePoint option by clicking on the ellipsis button in the Posts section of your team channel.
- This will open the Team site in your web browser.
For more information on SharePoint please see the following articles from Microsoft:
What is a SharePoint team site?
Collaborating with Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive
Get clients for Microsoft Teams