Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Teams
Teams (How to) Participate as a Team Member
This article will provide instructions on how to participate as a team member in Microsoft Teams.
- Teams can be created to be private to only invited users.
- Teams can also be created to be public and open and anyone within the organization can join (up to 5000 members).
- Grid – This view displays all of your teams as a grid. Once you select a team, you will see your team’s name, and the channels in the list pane, and the content of the respective channel that you have selected in the list pane will be displayed in the content pane.
- List – This view displays all of your teams as a list. You can choose to display your channels of each team or collapse them in the list pane. Like the grid view, you will also see the content of the respective channel that you have selected in the list pane displayed in the content pane.
- Click on the person icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- From the drop down menu, click on the button for Settings.
- From Settings, make sure General is selected.
- Under the heading for layout, select whichever view you prefer: Grid or List.
- Your teams will now be displayed in the view you selected.
- Team owner - The person who creates the team. Team owners can make any member of their team a co-owner when they invite them to the team or at any point after they’ve joined the team. Having multiple team owners lets you share the responsibilities of managing settings and membership, including invitations.
- Team members - The people who the owners invite to join their team.
Joining a Team
To Join a Team, you will either be added to a team by an owner or an owner will send you a code.
Leaving a Team
To leave a team: