Topics Map > Software
Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Skype For Business
Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Teams
Teams (How To) Install Windows Desktop App from Office 365
This walkthrough is designed to teach users how to install the Microsoft Teams Desktop Application from Office 365. These instructions are intended to be used installing teams on a personal device.
To Access Teams, begin by logging into Office 365
- Go to uwm.edu and click on the drop-down menu for Faculty/Staff
- Click on the link for Office 365
- Log in
- Click on the tile for Teams
- The Teams app will open in a new window.
Note: You can also access the Teams app by clicking on the App launcher in the top left corner of the page.
Once Teams opens click on the button at the bottom left corner of the page for Get app. This will begin downloading Teams.
- Once the download has completed, double click on the installation package.
- If you are prompted, click Run
- This will finish installing the Teams app on your device.
- Once the installation is complete, Teams will launch.
- Enter in your full UWM email address and password.
- Authenticate with your desired Duo security method.
Note: Check the box to Remember me for 14 days to avoid having to authenticate every time you log out.