Topics Map > Microsoft 365
Topics Map > Storage > OneDrive
Microsoft 365 (Information) Services Based on UWM Affiliation
This document describes the subscription types a UW-Milwaukee affiliate may have and the applications/services these subscriptions have access to. Per the Microsoft licensing agreement, the account types listed below have access to the following applications within UW-Milwaukee's implementation of Microsoft (formerly Office) 365.
|Outlook (Email, Calendar, Contacts, Groups)||X||X||X|
|Office Online Apps (Word/Excel/PowerPoint Online)||X||X||X|
|Full List of Enabled Office 365 Features & Applications||X||X||X|
|Microsoft 365 Apps||X||X|
|Teams Calling (VoIP)||X|
|Bing Chat Enterprise||X|
|Power BI Free||X||X|
|Power BI Pro by request||X|
Microsoft has changed the licensing terms for our users regarding Office 365. To adhere to these terms, UWM is required to transition all users to match their new licensing model.
- If you are a UWM Faculty or Staff member, you will have access to all of UWM's Microsoft 365 resources, both installed and online versions.
- If you are a UWM Student, you will have access to all of UWM's Microsoft 365 resources EXCEPT Teams Calling and Power BI.
- If you are Non-Student/Non-Faculty/Non-Staff (Sponsored Account, Annuitant, Emeritus, Visiting Scholar, etc.), you will have access to Microsoft 365 Apps ONLY if you are on an UWM computer or if you use the online version. You will NOT have access to the install Microsoft 365 Apps (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.) and Teams Calling.
- If you hold multiple relationships with the University and AT LEAST ONE of them is Student, Faculty, or Staff, you will have access to all of UWM's Microsoft 365 resources according to that relationship.
What Non-Student/Non-Faculty/Non-Staff should know:
- Use the online web applications (Word Online/Excel Online/Powerpoint Online, etc). You can find these applications in the Microsoft 365 Portal after logging in: https://uwm.edu/office365/
- Use Microsoft Office in a campus lab
- Install other free text-editor software such as LibreOffice or OpenOffice (UWM is not responsible for providing support for these applications)
- Purchase a personal Microsoft Office product
Teams Meeting Recording Auto-expiration based on Affiliation:
- After 60 days if the recording was created by a faculty member, staff member, or student
- After 30 days if the recording was created by an emeritus, annuitant, or sponsored user
- The recording expiration date can be modified by those who have edit/delete permissions for the recording in OneDrive or SharePoint.
- When a Teams meeting recording is deleted, the meeting recorder will be notified via email. The recording can then be retrieved from the recycle bin for up to 90 days.