Topics Map > Microsoft 365
Topics Map > Security
Topics Map > Account > Multi-Factor Authentication
Microsoft MFA (How To) Sign in another way
This article will provide instructions on how to sign in another way if you are experiencing difficulties authenticating.
As of February 21, 2023, the Microsoft Authenticator App has been updated to include number matching and location mapping for the Push Notification authentication methods.
If you are experiencing issues trying to authenticate when logging in with Microsoft Authenticator, please try the following action to troubleshoot:
1. When the authentication window appears, click Sign in another way.
2. You will have the option to sign in with a backup method if you have one entered, or number matching and location mapping if you are using theâ€¯Microsoft Authenticator app. Select your chosen backup method and authenticate.
If you are still unable to authenticate, contact the UWM Help Desk.
- Microsoft MFA (How To) Set up Microsoft Authenticator App – Currently Enrolled in Microsoft MFA
- Microsoft MFA (How To) Enrolling Microsoft Authenticator App from a Sign in prompt
- Microsoft MFA (How To) Set Up MFA To Use Authenticator App Codes Instead of Push Notifications
- Microsoft MFA (How to) Remove an Authentication Method