Adding Print / User codes in Windows for Multi Function Printers [Post Script and PCL6]
Adding print/user codes to multi-function devices within Windows. Applies to all printers with Post Script or PCL6 drivers.
Directions for Canon Printers
* Does not apply to RICOH devices. Look below for RICOH printers.
- Open the Printers and Scanners control panel.
- Press the Windows Key or click the Search Button to start a search. Enter "Printers and Scanners". Select the Printers and Scanners control panel.
- Find the printer that you are adding the code to. Click on the printer in the list to see available options.
- Click Manage to open the Manage Your Device menu
- In the Manage your device menu, click on Printer properties
- Select the Device Settings tab
- Click the button labelled Settings to open a new settings window (note: do not use the button labelled Settings(W)...)
- In the field labelled Department ID, enter your print user code and click OK
Directions for RICOH Printers*
* Does not apply to CANON devices. Look above for CANON printers.
- Open the Devices and Printerscontrol panel.
- Windows 7: Go to the Start menu and select Devices and Printers
- Windows 10: Press the Windows Key or click the Search Button to start a search. Enter "Devices and Printers". Select the Devices and Printers control panel.
- Right click on the printer you need to add your user code to and select Printing Preferences
- Select the Detailed Settings tab
- Select Job Setup from Menu:
- Enter your user / printer code in the User Code field
- Click Apply, then OK to exit the Printing Preferences window
For instructions for adding a UWM-operated printer with a PCL5 driver, please see: https://kb.uwm.edu/page.php?id=66473
For instructions for adding a UWM-operated printer from a personal computer, please see https://kb.uwm.edu/page.php?id=53876