Microsoft Teams (Information) 911 Calls
Microsoft Teams Calling does allow calls to 911, but as a voice over IP service, requires special considerations be kept in mind when doing so.
When making an emergency call, open your dial pad and dial 911. This will connect you to an emergency dispatcher.
Please be mindful of two considerations about 911 calls made from Teams:
- If you wish to make a 911 call through Teams, make certain that the device from which you intend to make your Teams call is powered on and connected to the Internet.
- If you make a 911 call through Teams, make certain to immediately report your current location, including your address, building name and room number to the dispatcher. The 911 dispatcher may not know a given caller's exact location since Teams calls may be made from multiple devices (including a home computer, workplace computer, personal cell phone, iPad) and multiple locations.
- Microsoft Teams (Information) Mobile App Guide for iOS Devices
- Microsoft Teams Calling Features
- Teams (How To) Preparing your Settings for Calls
- M365 Teams (How To) Configure Click-to-Call Dialing from the Web
- M365 Teams (How To) Block Spam Calls from Call History
- Teams (How To) Place a Call on Hold
- M365 Teams (How To) - Manage Notification Settings
- Teams (How to) Make an Internal Phone Call at UWM
- Teams (How To) Set a Delegate for your Phone
- Teams (How to) Transfer and Park Calls
- Microsoft 365 - Microsoft Teams (How To) Set Headset and Computer to Ring Simultaneously