Topics Map > General UWM Knowledge
Topics Map > VPN
Topics Map > Classrooms
Topics Map > CCL
Remote Lab Access Guide (Windows 10)
Guide for Windows 10 users accessing a UWM lab computer from an off-campus location
Download and connect GlobalProtect VPN
The GlobalProtect VPN Agent must be downloaded and connected before starting a remote lab session.
1. Download and install the VPN using these instructions: https://kb.uwm.edu/83286
2. Connect to the VPN following these instructions: https://kb.uwm.edu/89581
Begin a Remote Lab session
3. Navigate to the URL: https://remotelab.ad.uwm.edu/
4. Log in using your ePantherID and password.
NOTE: do not include @uwm.edu. Doing so will prevent you from making a connection to the remote lab machine.
5. If you have multiple lab pools available, select the pool you require to proceed.
NOTE: Users that only require general lab access will not see the below screen and should proceed to step 6.
6. Click the green “Make My Reservation” button.
7. Click the green "Connect To Remote Lab" button to begin the RemoteLabReservation.rdp download.
8. Open the download to launch the Remote Desktop Connection for your Remote Lab Reservation.
9. Click "Connect."
10. Enter in your ePantherID password and click "OK" to begin the Remote Lab connection.
End a Remote Lab session
Sign out when finished using the remote lab PC
11. Click the Windows "Start" button in the lower left corner.
12. Click on the person icon and "Sign Out"