Topics Map > Canvas
Topics Map > D2L > Instructor Help
Topics Map > D2L > Student Help
Topics Map > D2L > Course Learning Tools
Canvas External Tools - How do I use McGraw-Hill Education Tools?
This article describes how students and instructors can leverage McGraw-Hill Education tools with Canvas.
About McGraw-Hill Education tools
McGraw-Hill Education provides a number of tools which integrate into Canvas. These tools allow instructors to integrate textbooks, learning modules and activities into their Canvas course. Many tools allow instructors to automatically or manually sync grades to the Canvasa Gradebook. To use MHE tools in Canvas, instructors must request for the tool to be activated. Students should contact their instructors or refer to their syllabus for information on what MHE tools are used for their course, and any associated costs.
What McGraw-Hill Education tools are available in Canvas?
- McGraw-Hill Campus Single Sign-On - a gateway to McGraw-Hill Education's textbook and learning platforms. All materials are accessed from MHE"s platform, not from your courses modules and assignments.
- Connect textbooks (no direct links to the Canvas course home, Modules
- Connect Math
- McGraw-Hill Deep Linking - direct linking to MHE-hosted learning objects, activities are listed in Assignments with outcomes synced to the courses Gradebook.
Adding McGraw-Hill Education tools to your course
Note that McGraw-Hill Education tools cannot be added to master or blank courses.
- From any course provisioned by PAWS (e.g. a course listed in the Schedule of Classes), click the Instructor Tools link in your courses navigation.
- Click the External Tool Request button.
- Select the appropriate MHE tool for your course.
- Click the Request button for your tool.
- Wait for a confirmation email indicating that your tool is now available in your course.
- Follow MHE's instructions for pairing your course.
If adding McGraw-Hill Campus, a navigation link will automatically appear in your course. No navigation link will appear for other tools.
McGraw-Hill Campus Single Sign-On (Connect, ALEKS, Connect Math, SIMNet)
- Pairing your Canvas course with a new Connect account
- Pairing your Canvas course with an existing Connect account
- How do I add an external tool as a module item?
- MH Campus Instructor and Course Pairing (ALEKS)
- How to pair your Canvas LMS with SimNet
McGraw-Hill Connect and SIMNet Deep Linking (Grade Passback)
- Deploying Connect and SIMNet assignments to Canvas
- Students registering for Connect from Canvas
- Students taking Connect assignments in Canvas
- Product information Contact: Tim Maruna
- Customer Service
- Are McGraw-Hill services down?
- I need help with an accessibility issue