Topics Map > Canvas > Canvas for Instructors > External Apps (LTI)
Canvas External Tools - How do I request for a tool to be added to my course?
This article reviews the steps for requesting for an external tool to be added to your course site in Canvas. This process can be used for opt-in tools that have been approved for use by UW System and UWM.
What tools can be requested?
These tools can be requested online, from your Canvas course:
- Cengage MindLinks products - see Canvas External Tools - How do I use Cengage MindLinks Education Tools? .
- McGraw-Hill Education products - see Canvas External Tools - How do I use McGraw-Hill Education Tools? .
- Macmillan LaunchPad products - see Canvas External Tools - How do I use Macmillan Launchpad? .
- W.W. Norton inQuizitive
What if the tool I want isn't listed?
- To request for Wiley products, ask your account representative to email email@example.com with information. A consultant will respond to offer assistance.
- To request for Pearson products, contact CETL with the URL of your course and the specific product being requested. A consultant will respond with further information.
- Refer to the UW System External Application Integration Requests page for information on other products that may be available for use at UWM. Contact CETL with your inquiry, or to start the UW System request process.
Steps to request a tool from your course
- From your Canvas dashboard, click the course needing the tool.
- Click the Instructor Tools link in your course navigation (a.k.a. tabs)
- Click the External Tool Request button.
- Select the tool you wish to request.
- Click the Request button for the desired tool.
- You will see a message indicating your tool has been requested. You'll receive an email from CETL within 1 business day (or the following day if the request is made after business hours) notifying you that the tool is enabled.
For further assistance
- Contact CETL to get further assistance with your tool request or to inquire about a tool that is not yet available.
- For assistance with your external tool, contact your product technical support team.