Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Email
Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Mac
Office 365 (Outlook 2016 for Mac) - How to Export/Import Email
When students are entering the deprovision cycle, exporting and importing mail can be important to maintain important emails and attachments. This document explains how to do so in Outlook 2016 for Mac.
1. This export process needs to be done in the Outlook desktop client. All students and faculty can download a free copy of Outlook 2016 for Mac (part of Office 365 ProPlus - download instructions). 3. Once the Outlook client is open, click File at the top of the screen and click Export...
4. The window that pops up will ask what you would like exported. Select the checkboxes next to the items you want exported and click Continue.
5. You will then be prompted to name the file and select where you would like to export the file to. Select Save once your done.
6. The file will now be exported as an .olm file and you will be notified of when the process is complete. Click Finish to complete the exporting procedure.
1. Once the Outlook client is open, click File at the top of the screen and click Import...
2. You will be asked what you would like to import. Click the Outlook for Mac archive file (.olm) to and click Continue.
NOTE: You can import exported Outlook data from Windows PC's by clicking the Outlook for Windows archive file (.pst) option.
3. Find the .olm file, highlight it and click Import.
4. Outlook will now import the data and notify you when the process is complete. Click Finish to complete the task.