Office 365 (Outlook for Mac) - Configure Outlook for Mac
This document explains how to connect to the Office 365 service on Mac-based systems using the Outlook for Mac desktop application.
Installing Office 365
1. Begin by logging in to Outlook on the Web
2. Click on settings gear icon on the right side of the page, .
3. Click on the Office 365 link under Your App Settings
4. On the Settings page that appears, click the Software - Install Software button.
5. In the following page, hit the Install button, this will begin downloading the necessary file to install the Office 2016 suite for Mac.
6. Once you click Install the following prompt will pop up. Choose where you want the file to download to and click Save.
7. Once downloaded, locate the file and open it,
8. Once opened, you will be prompted to begin installation. Hit Continue on the bottom of the window.
9. When you reach the Destination Select section, you may choose where you want the Office 2016 sweet to install. If you don't have any idea about where to install it, select the Install for all users of this computer and click Continue.
10. On the following screen, select Install to begin the final part of the installation process. You may also go back and change the installation location and other settings.
11. When the installation is successfully complete, you will see the following screen. Hit the Close button to exit the installation window.
Configuring Outlook 2016
1. Begin by opening the Outlook 2016 app in the applications folder.
2. If it is your first time opening an Office Suite app, you will be prompted to check for updates. You may check if you want updates to be checked for manually or automatically. It is recommended that you leave it to Automatic. Click the Check for Updates to check for, and install any updates that may be available.
3. You will be prompted to sign in to Office to activate the Suite. Click the Sign In button and sign in with your UWM credentials.
4. Once signed in, you will be asked to select how you would like Office to look, pick and click Continue.
5. The next screen will confirm your settings. Click the Start Using Outlook button to head to the main Outlook window.
6. While in Outlook, click the Outlook button next to the Apple icon on the top left of the screen. From the drop down menu, click preferences.
7. In the screen that pops up, click the Accounts icon.
8. In the Add an Account window, click outlook.com as the account type.
9. Sign in with your UWM credentials.
10. Outlook will now load your UWM Outlook email account.