Topics Map > Office 365 > Email
Office 365 (Outlook on the Web | Outlook Client) - How to Connect to Outlook/Office 365
There are many ways to connect to Outlook/Office 365. This article will give you information on how to connect using browsers and mobile devices.
Connecting With an Internet Browser
Getting to Office 365 using an Internet browser is easy!
- Open a supported browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari.
- Go to outlook.office365.com to access the Outlook on the Web (OotW).
- Log in using your UWM email address (i.e., ePantherID@uwm.edu) and ePanther password.
Setting Up Supported Desktop/Mobile Clients
There are many different email/calendar clients you can connect to Office 365. Select the specific clients you wish to use below for their specific setup guides.
- Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Outlook 2016 for Mac
- Outlook 2013
- Windows Phone
- Apple Mail OS X
Setting Up Other Clients Using IMAP
Other email clients are typically not recommended because they do not support Microsoft Exchange and provide only limited Office 365 functionality. Mozilla Thunderbird is the most common example. You can still get Thunderbird and other clients to work with Office 365 by utilizing the IMAP protocol instead of Exchange. When setting up an account using IMAP, use the account configuration settings listed below when prompted:
- Email Address: Your UWM email address (i.e., ePantherID@uwm.edu)
- Password: Your ePanther password
- Username: Your UWM email address (i.e., ePantherID@uwm.edu)
- Domain: uwm.edu
- Incoming Mail Server: outlook.office365.com
- Incoming Port Number: 993
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.office365.com
- Outgoing Port Number: 587
IMAP clients will only work for simpler tasks like viewing or sending emails and scheduling basic meetings. Advanced Office 365 features will need to be accessed using one of the recommended clients above or the Outlook on the Web.