Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Skype For Business
Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Email
Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Calendar
Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Teams
Microsoft 365 (M365) (Outlook) Set All Meetings to Online Meetings
This article will provide instructions on how to modify your Outlook Calendar settings so that all meetings will default to online meetings in Microsoft Teams.
Updating Your Settings
- Begin by logging into Office 365 online and opening Outlook.
- Note: You will only be able to modify this setting in the online version of Outlook.
- In the top right corner of your working screen, click on the Settings (gear) button.
- At the bottom of this pane, select the option for View all Outlook settings.
- On the left side of the new window, select the option for Calendar.
- In the menu to the right, select the option for Events and invitations.
- Under the heading Events you create, check the box for Add online meeting to all meetings.
- Click to Save your settings in the bottom right of this window.
- When you are done adjusting your settings, close out of the settings window.
- All future meetings will now be set as online meetings in Teams.
- Note: This only applies to new meetings made after you have modified this setting in Office 365. Any meetings that were scheduled prior to changing the setting will need to be converted in the Outlook Calendar. For more information on converting existing meetings to Teams meetings please see the following article: https://kb.uwm.edu/73772
- Note: When events are scheduled they will not be made into a Teams meeting until attendees are added. Therefore, the Teams meeting button will not be toggled to on until attendees are added to the event. See the images below:
Event with no attendees
Event with attendees