Topics Map > Apple Device Management
Topics Map > CCL
Remote Lab Access Guide (macOS)
Guide for macOS users accessing a UWM lab computer from an off-campus location
Install Microsoft Remote Desktop Application
The Microsoft Remote Desktop application is required to access the remote machine.
1. Most UWM Apple computers have this pre-installed, search Spotlight for "Remote Desktop" or look in the Applications folder.
If Microsoft Remote Desktop is not installed, you can download it from Self Service (if UWM provisioned) or from the macOS App Store (Link) on a personal device.
Install the Firefox browser
The Firefox browser is required to access the Remote Lab reservation system in macOS.
2. Search Spotlight for "Firefox" or look in the Applications folder.
If Firefox is not installed, you can download it from Self Service (if UWM provisioned) or directly from Mozilla.org.
Download and connect GlobalProtect VPN
The GlobalProtect VPN Agent must be downloaded and connected before starting a remote lab session.
3. Download and install the VPN using these instructions: https://kb.uwm.edu/98823
4. Connect to the VPN following these instructions: https://kb.uwm.edu/83289
Begin Remote Lab Session
5. Navigate to the URL https://remotelab.ad.uwm.edu/ in Firefox.
6. Log in using your ePantherID and password.
NOTE: do not include @uwm.edu. Doing so will prevent you from making a connection to the remote lab machine.
7. If you have multiple lab pools available, select the pool you require to proceed.
NOTE: Users that only require general lab access will not see the below screen and should proceed to step 8.
8. Click the green “Make My Reservation” button to reserve your remote lab PC.
9. Click the green "Connect To Remote Lab" button to begin the RemoteLabReservation.rdp download.
10. Open the download to launch the Remote Desktop Connection for your Remote Lab Reservation.
11. Click "Continue."
12. Enter in your ePantherID password and click "OK" to begin the Remote Lab connection.
End Remote Lab Session
Sign out when finished using the remote lab PC
13. Click the Windows "Start" button in the lower left corner.
14. Click on the person icon and "Sign Out"