Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Email
Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Calendar
Office 365 - Shared Mailbox/Calendar & Resource Calendar Requests
This document describes the process to request a Shared Mailbox/Calendar or Resource Calendar.
Requests can be made on the Shared Mailbox/Calendar and Resource Calendar requests page.
A Shared Mailbox or Calendar provides the ability for groups of people to collectively share in the processing of its content. At a minimum, it must be requested and owned by one person. Multiple people may be delegated as owner/administrator and others can solely be members who interact with it.
Electronic mail can be sent as the name of the Shared Mailbox. Such a resource can be useful for projects, departments, conferences, organizations, etc.
Shared Mailboxes and Calendars may only be requested by UWM employees or officers of sanctioned UWM student organizations. Students who need a shared mailbox for a student organization but do not have an FTE that can serve as the mailbox owner should contact the UWM Help Desk via uwm.edu/helpdesk or 414-229-4040.
Information on how to use Shared Mailboxes/Calendars is available in these articles:
Opening Shared Mailboxes and Editing Membership/Ownership
Add Shared Mailboxes in the Outlook desktop app for Windows
Add Shared Mailboxes in the Outlook desktop app for Mac
A resource calendar is an Office 365 mailbox typically used for non-person related calendars, such as meeting/conference rooms or audio-visual equipment. At a minimum, it must be requested and owned by one person. Multiple people may be delegated as owner.
Resources contain special options for scheduling and permissions that are not available in regular user accounts.
Resource calendars may only be requested by UWM employees or officers of sanctioned UWM student organizations.
Information on how to use resource calendars is available in the Knowledgebase:
Getting started with resource calendars
Opening and sharing resource calendars
Configure Resource Calendar Scheduling Options/Settings/Permissions
- Microsoft 365 - Outlook on the Web (How To) Open Shared Mailboxes and Edit Membership or Ownership
- Office 365 - Outlook 2016 for Windows (How To) Add Shared Mailboxes
- Office 365 (Outlook 2016 - Mac) - Add Shared Mailbox to Outlook 2016
- Office 365 (Outlook on the Web) - Getting Started with Resource Calendars
- Microsoft 365 -Outlook on the Web (How To) Open and Share Resource Calendar Mailboxes
- Office 365 - Outlook on the Web (How To) Configure Resource Calendar Scheduling Options, Settings, and Permissions