Topics Map > Office 365 > Calendar
Office 365 (Outlook on the Web) - Accessing Resource calendars/rooms
Owners of Resource calendars can access the accounts and share the resource to additional users using the same methods of accessing a shared mailbox.
This article documents how-to access a Resource calendar using the Outlook on the Web.
Follow these steps to open a shared mailbox.
1. From the Outlook app, click your name in the upper-right corner and select Open another mailbox...
2. In the open another mailbox window, type the group account's full UWM email address (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org) and click Search Contacts & Directory (if you've opened this mailbox before, the name should appear as you type).
3. Select the mailbox you wish to open from the menu.
4. Click open and the shared mailbox will open in another browser tab.
5. View and send emails for your group account in the new tab.
Note: If the client does not have permission to access that mail box they will receive two possible error messages:Once the mailbox for the resource opens, choose Calendar by clicking the My Apps icon in the upper left corner.
- A blank screen with the words "Bad request".
- An error message stating: "You don't have permission to open this mailbox". (This may appear after the first error message if the client attempts to enter the mailbox again.)
In the left panel, right click Calendar under My calendars, choose Share Calendar, and enter the email address of the user that you wish to share this resource with.
Additionally, you can edit the permissions of each user with whom you have shared the resource by again right clicking Calendar and choosing Permissions...