Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Email
Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Calendar
M365 Outlook (Information) Shared Mailbox/Calendar & Resource Calendar Requests
Requests can only be made by a full-time employee via the Shared Mailbox/Calendar and Resource Calendar request form.
A Shared Mailbox or Calendar provides the ability for groups of people to collectively share in the processing of its content. At a minimum, it must be requested and owned by one person. Multiple people may be delegated as owner/administrator and others can solely be members who interact with it.
Electronic mail can be sent as the name of the Shared Mailbox. Such a resource can be useful for projects, departments, conferences, organizations, etc.
Shared Mailboxes and Calendars may only be requested by UWM employees or officers of sanctioned UWM student organizations. Students who need a shared mailbox for a student organization but do not have an FTE that can serve as the mailbox owner should contact the UWM Help Desk via uwm.edu/helpdesk or 414-229-4040.
Information on how to use Shared Mailboxes/Calendars is available in these Knowledgebase articles:
A resource calendar is a Microsoft 365 mailbox typically used for non-person related calendars, such as meeting/conference rooms or audio-visual equipment. At a minimum, it must be requested and owned by one person. Multiple people may be delegated as owner.
Resources contain special options for scheduling and permissions that are not available in regular user accounts.
Resource calendars may only be requested by UWM employees or officers of sanctioned UWM student organizations.
Information on how to use resource calendars is available in the Knowledgebase:
- M365 Outlook Web App (How To) Open and Edit Shared Mailboxes
- M365 Outlook (How To) Add Shared Mailboxes
- M365 Outlook for Mac (How To) Add Shared Mailbox
- M365 Outlook on the Web (OWA) (Information) Getting Started with Resource Calendars
- Microsoft 365 -Outlook on the Web (How To) Open and Share Resource Calendar Mailboxes
- M365 Outlook Web App (How To) Configure Resource Calendar Scheduling Options, Settings, and Permissions