ePanther Account (How To) Change Password - Both On and Off Campus
This guide explains how to change the password associated with your ePanther ID (PAWS, Canvas, M365) if you know your current password.
Note: If you have your ePanther password saved in your web browser, we recommend deleting it using the instructions in Passwords (How To) View, Change, and Delete Saved Passwords in a Web Browser
Note: For those off campus, please pay specific attention to the highlighted areas in step 6.
- To change your UWM password, log into Microsoft 365 at https://uwm.edu/office365
- Sign in with your UWM email address and password.
- Authenticate with MFA.
- You will now be logged into Microsoft 365. In the upper right corner of the screen, click your person icon (your initials or your photo). From the menu choose View account.
- Click the Password tab.
- Fill in the boxes for Old password, Create new password (see the ePanther Account (Information) Password Complexity Requirements for password requirements) and Confirm new password and then click Submit.
Note: If you are using a laptop and reset your password while off campus then you would have to log into the laptop with your old password, connect to the VPN, lock your device and sign in with your new password. This should allow you to login with your new password going forward.
Note: For directions on how to connect to the VPN for PC click here. For directions on how to connect to the VPN for MAC click here.
- Once the password is confirmed and submitted, you are taken to your Profile screen.
- Your password has been successfully changed and should be used for all UWM applications (UWMWiFI, PAWS, Canvas, MS365, etc.)