ePanther Account - Forgotten Password/Password Reset
This article provides information for getting back into your UWM account in the event of a forgotten password or in the event you need to reset your current password for any reason.
Note: For a list of password requirements, see the article: Password Complexity Requirements.
In order to directly reset your password, you can navigate to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/ in a web browser and proceed to step 2.
Otherwise, attempt to access a site that requires Microsoft authentication, which will prompt for a password:
1. Click on the Forgot my password button below the Password text box.
2. This will bring you to the Get back into your account tool. Enter your email in the text box titled Email or Username. Then enter the characters from the picture in the text box below the image. You also have the option to click the audio button and enter the words in the audio. When you have entered the characters or words, click Next.
3. Next you will complete the first of two verification steps. The verification options to choose from are dependent on which methods you set up for your primary and backup authentication methods during account setup. Select which option you would like to authenticate with and follow the on screen instructions to complete verification for that method and click Next.
4. You will be asked to choose and complete the second verification step. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete verification for that method and click Next.
5. On the next screen, enter your new password (see the Password Complexity Requirements article for password requirements) and confirm in the text boxes. When you are done click Finish.
6. You will receive a notification that your password has been changed successfully. To login click the Click here button. Then enter your UWM email address and new password to login as you normally would.
Your password should now be successfully changed and should be used for all UWM applications (UWMWiFI, PAWS, Canvas, Office365, etc.).