Topics Map > General UWM Knowledge
Topics Map > VPN
Global Protect VPN - How to connect (Windows)
How to connect to Global Protect VPN
Note: This article is only for connecting to the VPN this is not for installing GlobalProtectVPN onto a device. If you have not installed GlobalProtectVPN, please see the following article for installation instructions: GlobalProtect VPN for Windows - Installation Instructions If the software hasn't been installed onto your device the application will not work.
1. Click on your GlobalProtect icon in the system tray in the bottom right corner of your screen. This will display a small window.
2. In the box that appears type remote-access.uwm.edu as it appears in the picture and click the blue Connect button.
3. Wait for the VPN to prompt you for authentication and then sign into the VPN using your UWM email address and password. Note: If you have signed in on this device your username may be saved.
4. Authenticate with your desired method.
5. If prompted to Stay signed in, click Yes.
6. After authenticating a webpage will open, and you will see the following screen.
7. In your browser window you will be asked if you would like to open GlobalProtect, click the option to Open GlobalProtect.
8. You should now be connected to the UWM VPN network, and you can close your browser window. Note: If you are not connected, there will be an option to connect within the webpage.
9. To disconnect, click on your GlobalProtect icon in the system tray in the bottom right corner of your screen. When the GlobalProtect window is displayed click the button to Disconnect.