Windows (Troubleshooting)"Windows license will expire soon" Error Message
UWM computers must contact the UWM network every 180 days to keep their Windows license from expiring. If you are using a UWM computer off-campus for an extended period, you should install and connect to the VPN to prevent your Windows license from expiring.
Resolve Windows License Error Message
Steps to resolve the problem:
Install the Palo Alto GlobalProtect VPN user
- If you already have the GlobalProtect VPN installed, proceed to step 2
- Use the Software Center to install the application Palo Alto GlobalProtect
- If you have problems with the Software Center installation, you may perform a manual installation or contact IT support for help
Connect to the GlobalProtect VPN user (Use these instructions)
Continue using your computer normally.
- The license error message should resolve automatically.
- Connect regularly to the VPN to prevent the error message from recurring.