GlobalProtect VPN for Windows - Setup Instructions
Instructions on how to use GlobalProtect VPN on a computer running Microsoft Windows. Please note that GlobalProtect is a product of the company PaloAlto and you may see both names used.
How To: UWM VPN Client Installation Instructions – Windows
1. Using any web browser, go to https://remote-access.uwm.edu
2. Login with your ePanther credentials
3. Click the link to download the Windows 64 bit GlobalProtect Agent - NOTE: If you have problems with the 64 bit, verify you're running a 64 bit version of Windows. If you are running a 32 bit version, install the 32 bit version of GlobalProtect.
4. Click “Next” to continue.
5. Click “Next” to continue again.
6. Click “Next” to continue again.
7. Click “Close” to exit.
8. If the VPN Client doesn’t pop up automatically, in the bottom right corner of the screen click the GlobalProtect Icon.
9. In the box that appears type “remote-access.uwm.edu” as it appears in the picture and click the blue “Connect” button.
10. Wait for the VPN to prompt you for authentication and then sign into the VPN using your ePanther credentials.
11. Wait for the VPN to connect.
12. You will know when you are connected to VPN when the client tells you (see picture below).