Topics Map > Office 365 > Calendar
Office 365 - Presence Options (Outlook Meetings)
This article details various presence settings found in Outlook's Calendar features. This relates to Availability, which is important when creating an appointment or an event. The user indicates their availability by marking their presence as "Free", "Working Elsewhere", "Tentative", "Busy" or "Away" . The event or appointment is then color-coded on your calendar, and your Availability is visible to other outlook users on your network.
Outlook Desktop Version:
1. Navigate to Calendar
2. Click Home > New Meeting.
3. Click "Busy"
4. Select one of the following options, "Free", "Working Elsewhere", "Tentative", "Busy", or "Out of Office".
5. Click Send after typing in a recipient for the "Required" field.
Outlook On the Web Version:
2. Click "All Apps".
3. Click Calendar.
4. Click "New Event".
5. Select one of the following options, "Free", "Working Elsewhere", "Tentative", "Busy", or "Away".
6. Add a "Title". Enter in an email address for the "Invite Attendees" field. Press Send.
Color Indicators - Presence Options
Free- Indicates that the user is available within the selected time-frame of the appointment or meeting.
Busy- Indicates that the user is not available within the selected time-frame of the appointment or meeting.
Out of Office / Away- Indicates the user is outside of the workplace and is currently not working.
Tentative- Indicates the user may or may not be able to attend the meeting or appointment.
Working Elsewhere- Indicates the user is working remotely or outside of the workplace.
If more assistance is needed, please contact the UWM Help Desk at (414)229-4040