Topics Map > Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 (Apple Calendar) - Change Calendar Colors
This document explains how to change calendar colors in Apple iCal (Mac OS 10.5-7) or Calendar (Mac OS 10.8-9).
Change Calendar Colors
There are millions of color possibilities one can assign to calendars in iCal/Calendar. iCal/Calendar will not use the color "as is"--it will slightly dim the color for all events except the currently-selected events to help with selection visibility. iCal/Calendar provides several ways to modify calendar colors.
- Click on the Calendars button at the top-left of the main iCal/Calendar display.
- Scroll to, or click on, the calendar you want to modify.
- Do one of these three things:
- Control-Click on the calendar name and from the pop-up menu select Get Info.
- From the Edit menu select Get-Info.
- Type Cmd-I.
- On the drop-down display the color setting is immediately to the right of the Name: field. There are six default colors and you can select one of these or click on the Other option to use the standard MacOSX Color selection display to select another option.
- Close the Color selection display when done as it will not close automatically.