Canvas - How do I access or register for my Continuing Education course?
This article provides instructions on how to register for, and revisit your Canvas Continuing Education course. Such courses are used for the School of Continuing Education, pre and post-education courses and some for-credit courses where participants do not have UWM ePantherIDs.
Part 1: Register for a Course
By Special Link
Your courses instructor will provide a link which you can use to login and register for a course. If you do not have a UWM ePantherID, you will have the opportunity to create a Canvas account.
- Click the enrollment link provided by your courses instructor.
- You will view a page noting the course to register for. Click the Enroll button to login or register.
Refer to the following sections for help registering or creating an account.
Part 2: Complete Registration
You are presented with the option of creating an account, or using an existing account.
Option 1: Use YourUWM ePantherID/Email
Participants with existing UWM login credentails should use it to register for their Continuing Education course.
- Click "Sign in here".
- Click the "UW Employee / Faculty / Student" button.
- Fron the "Select Organization" list, choose "UW-Milwaukee".
- Enter your UWM ePantherID and password. Then click the Login button.
Option 2: Use Your Existing Canvas Continuing Education Account
If participants have previously created an account, it should be used to register for their Continuing Education course.
- Click "Sign in here".
- Click the "UW Continuing Education Student" button.
- Enter your previously set login and password.
Click the Forgot Password link to reset your password.
Option 3: Create a New Canvas Continuing Education Account
Only create a new account if the participant has never created a Canvas Continuing Education account.
- Enter your full name and email in the fields provided.
- Click the "Enroll in Course" button.
You wil lreceive an email that will allow you to complete registration. If you did not receive the email, check your email account's SPAM folder. Click the "Send Again" link if the email didn't arrive. If you are still experiencing issues, contact Canvas Support.
Part 3: Returning To Your Course
After completing these instructions, access your course from the Canvas Catalog dashboard (https://uwm.catalog.instructure.com/dashboard). Students with a UWM ePantherID can also access the course from their Canvas Dashboard.