General Classroom Troubleshooting Steps
When working in a UWM classroom, you may run into issues with the various audio-visual and technological equipment in the room. This article addresses some of the most common issues found in general access classrooms and provides steps to troubleshoot each.
- Ensure that the pc is on. Confirm this by flipping over the mouse and checking for a red light (red light means the pc is on). If no red light appears, the computer is not on.
- Computer slow or not responding: Restart computer.
- Mouse or Keyboard not responding: Restart computer.
- AV Access code to turn on the system: 030820
- If the Control Panel is black, TOUCH the screen to wake it up, then enter in the access code
- Press the Windows key and the P at the same time, then choose Duplicate
- If the caller is in a room with a Control Panel, try selecting a different source, then go back to the desired option
- Check that the mute button is not selected on the pc and the control panel if one is present
- Check playback devices to see if Creston (if present in the list) is selected
Equipment Reservation Requests
Classroom Services provides equipment and services to instructors teaching courses listed in the current Schedule of Classes, University staff for departmental use, and representatives of student groups.
- Orders must be placed through the AV Order form at least one(1) full University Business day in advance of the need.
- Student organizations should contact Student Union Event Services. Phone 414-229-4828, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Room Reservation Requests
- Room reservations are managed through ROAR (uwm.edu/roar).
- All UWM academic and university staff may request a ROAR account by:
- Navigating to http://www.uwm.edu/roar and sign in in the upper right corner (this step generates a user profile).
- Filling out the ROAR Access Request Form (this step allows staff to set up security correctly on the user profile that was generated).
- More information on the 25Live system is available at ROAR
- Complete online Lab Software Request form here. Software requests must be submitted at least one week prior to event.