Topics Map > Account
Topics Map > Office 365 > Email
Topics Map > Office 365 > Calendar
Office 365 - Post-Migration Best Practices for UWC Employees Joining UWM
This article covers recommended post-migration best practices for UWC employees who had their UWC Office 365 account data migrated to their UWM Office 365 account. Employees who do not follow these steps may experience errors involving the use of Office 365 applications.
Change OneDrive Sync Settings
- At the bottom-right of your screen, click on the OneDrive icon in the Windows toolbar. If you hover your mouse over the icon, a tooltip bubble should appear with the text "OneDrive - University of Wisconsin Colleges and Extension".
- Click the More button and select Settings.
- Under the Account tab, look for the section labeled OneDrive - University of Wisconsin Colleges and Extension. In this section, click Stop sync. A confirmation window will appear. Click the Unlink account button. Then click the OK button to close the window.
Activate Microsoft Office with UWM's Office 365 Account
- Open a Microsoft Office application.
- Towards the top-right corner of Microsoft Office application, click on your name. Then click Switch account.
- Click Sign out.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Towards the top-right corner, click Sign in.
- At the Sign In screen, enter your UWM email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) and click the Next button. At the next screen, enter your password and sign in.
- After you sign in, a Sign in to set up Office pop-up should appear. Click the Sign In button. This should activate Microsoft Office with your UWM account.