Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Teams
M365 Teams (How To) Add an External Guest to Teams
Microsoft has begun to roll out the ability to add external users as a guest in Microsoft Teams. Now guests in Teams have full access to Team chats, meetings and files. External guests who are invited to a Team will need to use a Microsoft 365 account from their own organization or have a free Microsoft account associated with their email address. If they don't yet have one, they will be directed to create one for free.
How Do I Add a Guest to Teams?
- Find the Team you want to add your external team member to in Teams.
- Select the three dots on the right hand side of the Team name. From here, select Add Members.
- Type in the external email address of the member you want to add and click Add.
- Once you do this, a drop-down selection will allow you to add the member to the Team.
- Once complete, click close and the member is now part of that specific team.
Microsoft Article - Add guests to a team
Video Guide - Adding Guests in Microsoft Teams