Topics Map > PAWS
Topics Map > Registrar's Office
Topics Map > Software
(Information) Access to Data Request - 3rd Party Vendors
As the Records Custodian and FERPA Coordination unit for the institution, the Registrar’s Office is responsible for reviewing and approving requests from campus partners, related to the release of student record information to 3rd party vendors.
These requests must meet the following criteria:
- Data is related to an application or service-specific need for information about students
- Data use is only for official UWM administrative or academic purposes
- Data use is Consistent with the Board of Regents Acceptable Use Policy https://www.wisconsin.edu/regents/policies/acceptable-use-of-information-technology-resources/
- Data Request should be focused on a direct relationship between the data elements requested, purpose of the application and the potential benefit of the campus community
- Data requester must be aware of the Information Security Policy (S-59)
Please complete the Access to Services Data Request (pdf) and submit it to the Registrar’s Office in these situations.