Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > SharePoint
Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Groups
Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Teams
Topics Map > Storage > SharePoint
Teams (How To) Create a Team Site from SharePoint Landing Page
This article provides instructions on how to create a team site from the SharePoint Landing Page.
1. Login to Microsoft 365 and click the tile for SharePoint.
2. In the top left of your working screen, click + Create site.
3. From the options, select Team site or Communication site.
Note: Use a communication site to broadcast information out to a broad audience. With a communication site, typically only a small set of members contribute content that is consumed by a much larger audience. If you want to collaborate with other members of your team or with others on a specific project, a Team site is the better choice. With a team site, typically all or most members can contribute content to the site and the information is limited to only the members of the team or project and specific stakeholders.
4. Give your site a name. This will search the directory automatically to see if the site name, group alias, and site address are available.
5. Give your site a description, and adjust the settings for data sensitivity, privacy, and site language. When you are done, click Next.
6. Enter the name or email address of any additional owners and members you would like to give access to your site. When you are done, click Finish.
7. Your site is now created.