Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > OneDrive
M365 One Drive (How To) Request Files
With the file request feature in OneDrive, you can choose a folder where others can upload files using a link that you send them. People you request files from can only upload files; they can't see the content of the folder, edit, delete, or download files, or even see who else has uploaded files.
Request files is available only if you meet all of the following conditions:
- You're using OneDrive for work or school accounts.
- Your admin has enabled Anyone links in OneDrive.
- Your admin has configured the View, edit, and upload permission for Anyone links as described in Advanced settings for "Anyone" links.
File Request Information
- Anyone with the file request link can send you a file; they don't need to have OneDrive.
- All the files sent to you are saved in a single folder that you choose.
- Every file will have a prefix to help you identify who uploaded it.
- If two files with the same name are uploaded, OneDrive will automatically add a number to the name of the second file.
- People who respond to your request can only upload files. They can’t view or edit the contents of your OneDrive.
Click the below link to review options and a how-to from Microsoft Support: