TechZone-Running Credit Cards
Within this document is the process for running a credit card when a client has a charge on their repair. A charge will show up in the TechRepair POS or on the client's invoice. For information regarding the TechRepair POS, follow the instructions in the Outtake documentation.
2. The screen will change to show the following options in the image below: Sale, Return, Void, Force. Select "Sale".
3. The next screen asks if you the transaction amount. Enter the amount as shown in the POS.
5. The screen will say to pass the terminal to the client. At this point, ask for the client's credit card and you will insert it into the machine.
If the credit card has a chip in, the card will be placed in the bottom slot. If the credit card doesn't have a chip, you will swipe the card on the right of the machine. If you have to swipe the card, wait until the machine indicates you to do so. Follow the image below for card orientation.
8. Once the card is ran, the machine will print a receipt. Gently tear the receipt, following the method in the image below, from the machine.
Be sure to not to pull too hard on the receipt. Doing so can damage the machine.
9. Have the client sign it on the bottom line. Another receipt will print a few seconds later which is the customer's copy.
10. Paperclip the receipt to the client's invoice that you printed off from the "Outtake" workflow steps and place it in the rack with the rest of the invoices.
If the wrong amount was charged to the client's card and the client needs a refund, send the TechRepair supervisor a message so they can initiate a refund.
Credit cards accepted by TechZone: MasterCard, Visa, Panther Gold. Please refer to the Panther Gold documentation to complete a Panther Gold Transaction.