Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > OneDrive
Topics Map > Storage > OneDrive
Office 365 (OneDrive for Business) - Setting up the OneDrive sync client for Mac on University computers
The OneDrive sync client is available for those who prefer managing their files using a desktop application over a web browser. To use the desktop sync client, you must install it and sync your library. Once synced, your OneDrive for Business library will appear as a folder on your computer from which you can view, upload, and share.
The following instructions demonstrate how to install the OneDrive sync client and sync your UWM OneDrive for Business library on a University owned, Mac computer. Never install the OneDrive sync client and/or sync your library on a public computer. Doing so could jeopardize your account and files. If you must use a public computer to access OneDrive for Business, use the web-based interface and remember to log out when you're done.
If you're already syncing a personal Microsoft OneDrive account on your computer (for example, email@example.com), you will need to proceed with the steps in the installing the OneDrive sync client section, since you may be using an outdated version of the sync client which lacks support for syncing OneDrive for Business accounts.
1. Open the Microsoft OneDrive sync client by pressing cmd+Space to launch a Spotlight query and then type "OneDrive". Once the OneDrive app launches, in the "Set up OneDrive" window that appears, enter your UWM email address and click the Sign in button.
2. Enter your UWM email address and password in the text boxes and then click the Sign in button.
3. The "This Is Your OneDrive Folder" screen will appear. Click the Choose OneDrive Folder Location to set the sync folder location on your local computer:
4. The "Choose a location for your OneDrive folder" window will appear. You can simply click the Choose this location button to select the default location, or change the location, and/or make a new folder.
5. The "This Is Your OneDrive Folder" window will appear. Click the Next button.
7. The "Your OneDrive is ready for you" screen will appear and you can click the "Open my OneDrive - University of Wisconsin Milwaukee folder" button to show your OneDrive sync folder on your computer. Additionally, check the Open at login so my files sync automatically check box to ensure the sync client opens when you login to your computer.
- Office 365 (OneDrive for Business) - Setting up the OneDrive sync client for Mac on personal computers
- Office 365 (OneDrive for Business) - Setting up the OneDrive sync client for Windows on University computers
- Office 365 (OneDrive for Business) - Setting up the OneDrive sync client for Windows on personal computers