Installation Instructions for JMP Pro (WIN)
Use the instructions below to install JMP Pro on a personal Windows computer.
Installing JMP Pro on a University-managed Windows Computer
After you submit an order for the JMP Pro application on the Software Shop, IT support staff will be notified of your purchase.
IT staff will send you instructions to install JMP Pro using the Software Center.
Installing JMP Pro on a Personal Windows Computer
1. You will be sent a Download link in your email after completing your order. (It’s imperative that you're login to the SoftwareShop before you click on the “Download” link)
3. When you are done downloading the zip folder make sure to SAVE or DRAG the zip folder onto your computer’s desktop. (You can also find the zip folder in your Downloads folder. Go to your Start button and type downloads in the search bar.)
4. Right click the JMP zip folder you dragged or saved onto the desktop. Click on “Extract all…”
5. Click Extract
6. When the extracting process has completed, go back to your desktop and find the JMP folder that you had just extracted onto your desktop in the last step. (Look for the JMP folder without a zipper on it)
7. Open “JMP Pro 12.01 Win” folder.
8. Open JMP Pro 12
9. Double click on the setup.exe file.
10. Click Next
11. Click Next
12. Click Next
13. Click Install
14. Let it run and finish setting up. Then click Finish.
Note: If this is you first time installing JMP, it will need to be told the location of the current license file.
15. Find the JMP file located on your computer Desktop. Double click the application to open.
16. Click Open License
17. Locate the JMP license file called JMP.per, select it and click Open. (JMP.per is found in the JMP 12 download folder that you had extracted in step 5 & 6)
18. Select Wait to Register
19. Scroll down and select OK.
20. Click OK