Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > OneDrive
Topics Map > Storage > OneDrive
Office 365 (OneDrive for Business) - Using version history
Each time you save a document in OneDrive for Business, a version is saved to your version history. You can restore a document to any one of these versions at any time. The steps below explain how a user can restore/recover a previous version of a OneDrive for Business document.
1. Log into the Office 365 Portal (http://portal.office.com/Home) using your UWM email address and password:
2. Select and click on the OneDrive application tile:
3. With OneDrive for Business open, find the document you wish to restore to a previous version and open the menu dialog by pressing the button pictured as three consecutive dots:
4. On the resulting drop-down menu, select Version history:
5. A menu titled "Version History" will appear. Here you will see the different versions of your document that have been saved over time with a date and time next to each version.
6. Select the ellipses (...) next to the version of the document you want to restore, and then click Restore:
Note: The "current"version of the document when you restore becomes a previous version. This means that if you did not mean to restore a previous version, you can undo the mistake.