Topics Map > Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 Apps - Error: "Your organization has disabled this device"
This document is for customers getting the following error: “Your organization has disabled this device” when trying to access their Microsoft 365 desktop applications.
The steps will also enable the device if it has been manually disabled through the Microsoft 365 accounts setting portal.
1. On your Windows 10 device click on the search bar and type "Accounts", then click "Manage your account."
2. Click on "Access work or school." Click on your @UWM account then click on "Disconnect."
3. Open one of your Microsoft 365 Desktop applications (Teams, Outlook, etc.) The application will immediately ask you to log in. Please log in with your UWM credentials as seen below.
4. Uncheck the "Allow my organization to manage my device" option and click "OK".
a. If you forget to uncheck the box you will get an error. Should this happen, close out all your Microsoft 365 applications, restart your computer and start over from step 3 above.
5. Your Device will be enabled and you will be able to log in again to your Microsoft 365 applications.
If you are still experiencing problems after following the above steps, please contact the UWM Help Desk at 414.229.4040, 877.381.3459 or via an online service request at gettechhelp.uwm.edu.