Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Email
Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Calendar
Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Teams
Office 365 (Outlook 2016 for Windows) - Create or add a contact
You can capture and organize information about people by creating contacts. Contacts are like electronic cards that store a person's information. A contact can be as basic as a name and email address, or include more information like a street address, multiple phone numbers, and a photo.
Find a Contact
Once you've saved someone as a contact, you can type the first few letters of their name into an email, and Outlook will fill in their email address for you. Or with a few clicks, you can call that person without ever having to look up their phone number.
- Click People at the bottom of the screen.
- In the New group, click New Contact or press Ctrl+N.
Tip To create a contact from anywhere in Outlook, press Ctrl+Shift+C.
- Enter a name and any other information that you want to include for the contact.
- If you want to create another contact, click Save & New. When you are done entering new contacts, click Save & Close
Tip Want to add another contact from the same company? Just click the little down arrow next to Save & New, and then click Contact from the Same Company.
Save more than one email address or phone number
You can save more than one phone number, email address, or mailing address for someone. For example:
- On the new Contact Card, type your contacts first email address in the E-mail box.
- Click the down arrow next to E-mail, and then click E-mail 2. The first e-mail address will be saved and you can type a second one in the field.
Add a photo of your contact
If you have a picture of the person saved on your computer (or in some other location), you can use it in their contact information.
- Click the image icon in the new contact box.
- Locate the picture you want to use in the Add Contact Picture box, and then click OK.