Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Email
Office 365 (Outlook 2016) - Create an email message
Creating a new message is as simple as clicking the New Email button within the 'New' group.
- Click Home.
- In the New group, click New Email.
Keyboard shortcut: To create an email message, press Ctrl+Shift+M.
- If multiple email accounts are configured in Microsoft Outlook, the From button appears and the account that will send the message is shown. To change the account, click From.
- In the Subject box, type the subject of the message.
- Enter the recipients' email addresses or names in the To, Cc, or Bcc box (To, Cc, and Bcc boxes: A message is sent to the recipients in the To box. Recipients in the Cc (carbon copy) and Bcc (blind carbon copy) boxes also get the message; however, the names of the recipients in the Bcc box aren't visible to other recipients.). Separate multiple recipients with a semicolon.
Note: To select recipients' names from a list in the Address Book, click To, Cc, or Bcc, and then click the names that you want.
- Don't see the Bcc box?
- To display the Bcc box for this and all future messages, click Options, and then in the Show Fields group, click Bcc.
- After you have composed the message, click Send.