Topics Map > General Knowledge
Topics Map > General UWM Knowledge
Interactive Reporting - Making IE 11 Compatible with Interactive Reporting
NOTE: On Friday, March 1st, 2019 the Interactive Reporting workspace will be retired and will NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE for any UW campus users.
If you are currently using the Interactive Reporting web client for reports and have not transitioned to the UWBI OBIEE tool, please reach out to email@example.com as soon as possible.
For more information, please visit the UWM project site at Oracle BI project or the UWS project site at Business Intelligence
First check to make sure your problem is being caused by IE 11:
Go to Help --> About Internet Explorer
Note: If you do not see the "Help" menu, tap the ALT key on your keyboard to show the menu bar.If you see you are running IE 11 continue with these instructions.
Set Compatibility View:
Go to Tools --> Compatibility View Settings
Note: If you do not see the "Tools" menu, tap the ALT key on your keyboard to show the menu bar.Add wisconsin.edu to the list of websites that will use Compatibility View.
Make sure you got everything:
Close down all Internet Explorer windows, and make sure there is nothing running in the background:
- Open Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL and click on Start Task Manager), and then click on the Processes tab.
- Click on the Image name column header to sort alphabetically.
- If you find any iexplore.exe processes in the list, right click on each one and select 'End Process'.
Compatibility View will now be set for the Hyperion Interactive Reporting site.
Make sure the change was made:
On the Oracle 'Launch Application' screen you can check for the Compatibility View mode:
- Go to the 'Tools' drop-down and look to see in Compatibility View is checked.
- Look to the far right in the address bar to see if the piece of broken paper is now colored light blue instead of gray.
Reset the zoom to 100%:
You may experience a situation where you are trying to click on something within Hyperion and the incorrect item or multiple items are being selected.
To prevent or correct this behavior, reset the zoom within Internet Explorer by pressing Ctrl+0 on your keyboard or selecting the Tools menu and setting Zoom to 100%.