Topics Map > Web
Topics Map > Account
SOIS Webspace - How to Register
The School of Information Science operates a webspace for SOIS students to use in their coursework.
Navigate to https://sois-auth.ad.uwm.edu/acctmgmt/register.php and log in with your ePanther ID and password.
Create a unique password for the webspace account. Your username will be your ePantherID but your cPanel password will be what is created here, not your ePanther password. If the system denies your password try adding more length/complexity.
Once you create your password and it is accepted by the system you will be taken to the next screen which has some general information about how to use the webspace account.
- Your account has been created sucessfully!
- You can test your account by either logging into SFTP (SFTP Host: soisweb.uwm.edu Port: 22) or cPanel.
- Your account domain ePantherID.soisweb.uwm.edu has been created. If you click on this link and see "Index of /" or similar, this means your account is working correctly.
- To access the cPanel console please log in with your UWM ePanther ID and the cPanel password you have set at: https://soisweb.uwm.edu/cpanel
- If you forgot the cPanel password you have set for your webspace you can reset it using this URL: https://sois-auth.ad.uwm.edu/acctmgmt/passwordreset.php
- If your student webspace does not load please wait 24 to 72 hours for DNS propagation to compete. For more information about DNS propagation, visit the following webpage: What is DNS propagation and why does it take so long?.
- If your student webspace loads but you are unable to log in even after resetting your password please contact the UWM Helpdesk.
NOTE: SOIS Tech joined Campus Technology Support (CTS) in 2019, and now all SOIS IT services are supported through CTS and UITS