Map a network printer in Windows 10
Follow these instructions to map a UWM network printer from a personal Windows computer.
Note: UWM-managed Windows PCs can instead use Software Center to install network printers.
1. Navigate to the Control Panel.
-Using Windows 10, type in Control Panel via the Windows search bar.
2. In the Control Panel, click View Devices and Printers.
3. In the top navigation bar, click Add a printer.
Note: User can choose between a network, wireless or bluetooth printer.
4. Select The printer that I want isn't listed if the preferred printer was not located.
5. Select the radio button for Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature.
6. In the Name field, enter a search for the name of the printer you want to add and click Find Now.
You can get this information from your IT support department, or search based on the naming convention. The standard naming convention begins with the campus building abbreviation, followed by the room number. For example, a printer in Merrill Hall 214 could be searched for with the search term "mer214".
8. Double click the printer you want to add, or highlight it and click OK.
9. Windows will automatically download and install a driver for your printer.
10. You are ready to print!
1. Type in Printers & Scanners in the Windows search bar.
2. Click Add a printer or scanner.
3. The total amount of printers available on the User's network is now shown.
4. Click one of the printers and click add device.
5. Wait for the device to load.
6. If the printer successfully loads, ready will be displayed under the title of the printer.
7. You are now ready to print!