Topics Map > General Knowledge
Topics Map > General UWM Knowledge
Virtual Computer Lab
SOIS offers a virtual computer lab for online students. The SOIS virtual lab provides any current SOIS student access to a SOIS computer from any location.
Accessing the Virtual Lab
1. Begin by heading to: http://soisdesktop.uwm.edu/
2. You will be brought to the following login page where you will enter your ePanther ID and your ePanther password to login.
3. Once logged in, you will arrive at the following page where you can pick a virtual machine to launch. Click the computer icon to launch it.
4. A new tab/window will pop up where the virtual desktop will begin to load. Be patient as it might take a bit to load.
5. Once successfully loaded, you will reach a similar screen as this one:
Uploading and Downloading Files
1. Use the Citrix tool bar at the top of the virtual desktop window.
The upload function will allow you to upload files from your physical machine to the virtual machine to be worked on and edited.
The download option will allow you to download files from the virtual machine to your physical machine to save and submit work.
Copy and Pasting
In order to copy and paste, you must use the Citrix toolbar and select the clipboard tool. On the clipboard window, paste whatever text you need to paste in the virtual machine and click update. You will now be able to to paste that text in virtual machine applications.
*Note: If you are inactive from the lab for 30 minutes or more, you will be logged out automatically. Please be sure to wiggle your mouse once every 30 minutes if you intend to remained logged in.