Topics Map > PAWS
Topics Map > D2L
Topics Map > General UWM Knowledge
PAWS - Wait list for classes
In PAWS, students can be put on a wait list for a class that currently has full enrollment. The wait list will give a number for a student's position on the wait list and will run Monday through Friday (5 times a week) to adjust the wait list according to class enrollment.
Has you consulted the Course Wait Listing web page? https://www4.uwm.edu/paws/waitlist/
If not, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the PAWS home page and click Students near the top of the page.
- Click on Wait Listing. This page will give you a basic overview of the wait list process.
- If you would like more information, click Wait List FAQ to pull up all of the frequently asked questions for wait listing.
Note: Waitlisted classes are indicated by a yellow triangle instead of the green circle for Open and the red square for Closed.
To enroll in a waitlisted class:
- Select the course as if you were enrolling normally.
- On the course information page prior to adding the course to your shopping cart, there is a checkbox that says "Add me to the waitlist if the class is full."
- Add the course to your shopping cart and enroll as you normally would.
- If you are swapping a class with a waitlisted course, a dropdown menu will giving you the option to drop a class in the event you are enrolled in the waitlisted class.