Topics Map > Office 365 > Email
Office 365 (Outlook) - How to select multiple items in the Outlook desktop client or Outlook on the Web
Selecting multiple emails in the Outlook on the Web functions slightly differently than in the Outlook desktop client. Both methods are discussed here.
Outlook desktop client
- While holding the Shift key, click on the first email you wish to select and click again on another email in the same folder to select the two emails that you clicked and all emails in between.
- To select multiple inconsecutive emails, hold the Ctrl key while clicking each of the emails you wish to select.
- To select all messages in the current mailbox, press the Ctrl and A key simultaneously.
Outlook on the Web (OotW)
- While holding the Shift key, click on the first email you wish to select and click again on another email in the same folder to select the two emails that you clicked and all emails in between. To continue highlighting more in the folder, release the shift key and scroll down to reveal more emails. After this hold the Shift key again and click on the next email that wish to append to the first selection of emails.
- When hovering the cursor over emails, a check box can be seen on the left side of each email. Selecting this check box will allow you to select multiple emails.
- Unlike the desktop client, holding the Ctrl and A key simultaneously does not select all emails.
Outlook mobile app
- Tab and hold your finger on one of the emails you wish to select, this will cause a toggle to appear next to each email allowing you to select multiple emails.