Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Email
Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > Calendar
M365 Outlook [How To] Filter Meeting Invites as a Delegate
If you are a delegate for someone's calendar (i.e., you manage their calendar appointments and receive their meeting invites), you can create an inbox rule in Outlook which will move meeting invites for which you are a delegate to a folder, to distinguish these invitations from your personal invitations.
1. Select the "Home" tab in the ribbon (if necessary) and click Rules.
2. Select Manage Rules & Alerts... from the menu.
3. Click the New Rule... button to begin creating an inbox rule.
4. Select Apply rule on messages I receive and click Next >.
5. In the "Step 1: Select condition(s)" box, select the with specific words in the message header condition.
6. In the "Step 2: Edit the rule description box..," click the specific words link.
7. Type: X-MS-Exchange-Inbox-Rules-Loop: ePanther@uwm.edu in the textbox (where ePanther@uwm.edu is the UWM email address of the person whose calendar you are managing) and click the Add button.
8. Then, click OK.
9. With the rule description now complete, click the Next > button in Rules Wizard window.
10. In the "Step 1: Select action(s)" box, choose move to the specified folder.
11. In the "Step 2: Edit the rule description..." box, click the specified link.
12. Select the folder you would like others' meeting invites automatically moved to or click New to create the folder. Then, click OK.
13. Click Next >, specify any exceptions you would like to set up for this inbox rule (if necessary), and click Next > again.
14. Type a name for this new rule (choose something descriptive that will help you identify the rule in the future).
15. Then, check the "Run this rule now on messages already in Inbox" box (if desired) and click Finish.