Topics Map > Office 365 > Email
Office 365 - Android Mobile Device Setup (Older smart phones)
Android devices come from different manufacturers and their interfaces and features can vary. These steps may differ slightly between different devices and versions of Android. Differences may also exist between campus and personal devices.
***PLEASE NOTE: Office 365 on Android versions older than 6.4 will no longer be supported or accessible by mid 2018***
1. Go to your device's Settings.
2. Tap Accounts.
3. Tap Add account.
4. Tap Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (depending on device).
5. Complete the configure Exchange fields using the info below and tap Next.
- Email address: Enter your UWM email address (i.e., ePantherID@uwm.edu).
- Password: Enter your ePanther password.
6. Enter your full UWM email address in the "Domain\username" field and "outlook.office365.com" in the "Exchange server" field (if required to do so).
7. Tap Next.
8. Tap OK on the "Activation" screen.
9. Tap OK on the "Remote security administration" screen.
10. Configure your account options as desired and tap Next.
11. Enter "Office 365" in the "Give this account a name (Optional)" field and tap Next.
12. Tap Activate on the "Activate device administrator?" screen.
NOTE: University Information Technology Services will never use the capabilities of Office 365 to remotely erase all information from personal mobile devices without the user's consent unless a violation of University policy occurs or is at a high risk of occurring and requires securing FERPA, HIPAA or other sensitive information. Evaluation of the need for such action will be made by the appropriate administrator with advice from University Legal Counsel. Final approval must be issued by the Chief Information Officer (CIO) or Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
13. Wait a few moments as Android syncs your mail, settings, and other data.