Topics Map > General Knowledge
Topics Map > PAWS
Topics Map > Account
Topics Map > General UWM Knowledge
Topics Map > Security
Student FERPA Consent
A new, universal procedure exists for students who want to provide third parties (parents, organizations, employers, etc.) with access to academic, financial, financial aid, housing, or disciplinary records.
Students are able to initiate, manage, and expire their consents directly through PAWS, although a new universal paper form also exists, primarily for former students who no longer can access PAWS.
New students will begin receiving information about the FERPA consent functionality in PAWS at orientations this summer. More information on how students can initiate FERPA consents in PAWS can be found on the Student Information Release website, along with information on existing PAWS Designate Access functionality. In addition to the new consent functionality for students, most PAWS administrative users are able to view the consents that a student has on file.
Student consent releases that were submitted prior to July 2015
may not be reflected on the Student Consent Release page in PAWS.
- Prior to the universal process, multiple offices around campus maintained separate processes for the release of records in their areas (Registrar, Bursars, Financial Aid, University Housing, and Dean of Students), and consent release information from that period will be retained exclusively within those offices.
- Registrar's Office for academic records
- Bursar's Office for financial records
- Financial Aid for financial aid records
- University Housing for housing records
- Dean of Students for disciplinary records