Topics Map > Microsoft 365
Topics Map > General UWM Knowledge
Microsoft 365 Apps - How to install Microsoft 365 Apps (previously known as Office 365 or Office 365 ProPlus) on Windows or Mac
Microsoft 365 Apps allows currently enrolled (or employed) UWM students, faculty, and staff to download the latest version of the Microsoft 365 Apps at no cost. Once you are no longer enrolled or employed at UWM, your subscription will expire.
All students, faculty, and staff with an active Microsoft 365 account may install the Microsoft 365 suite which includes: Outlook, Teams, Word, OneDrive Sync, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Publisher, and Access (Windows only). Microsoft 365 Apps is not available to UWM emeritus faculty and annuitants.
Follow the steps below to download and install Microsoft 365 Apps for Windows or Mac onto your computer.
- Log in to Microsoft 365 (https://login.microsoftonline.com) using your UWM email address (ePanther@uwm.edu) and password and authenticate.
- After logging in, click on the Install apps button and select Microsoft 365 apps.
- Follow the prompts to install the software package (.pkg for Mac, .exe for Windows). When asked to enter your account credentials, enter your UWM email address and password, and authenticate.
- Once your credentials are verified, Microsoft 365 Apps will now be activated on your device.
- You may install Microsoft 365 Apps on up to 5 devices.
- If you don't have any installs left, you can deactivate one device and install Microsoft 365 Apps on another.
- Installing additional languages on a computer that already has this version of Microsoft 365 doesn't count against your install limit.