Topics Map > Microsoft 365
Topics Map > General UWM Knowledge
Microsoft 365 Apps - How to install Microsoft 365 Apps (previously known as Office 365 or Office 365 ProPlus) on Windows or Mac
Microsoft 365 Apps allows currently enrolled (or employed) UWM students, faculty, and staff to download the latest version of the Microsoft 365 Apps at no cost. Once you are no longer enrolled or employed at UWM, your subscription will expire.
All students, faculty, and staff with an active Microsoft 365 account may install the Microsoft 365 suite which includes: Outlook, Teams, Word, OneDrive Sync, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Publisher, and Access (Windows only). Microsoft 365 Apps is not available to UWM emeritus faculty and annuitants.
On University-owned computers, you can install Microsoft 365 Apps from Software Center on Windows or Self Service on Mac.
Follow the steps below to download and install Microsoft 365 Apps for Windows or Mac onto your computer.
- Log in to Office 365 Portal (https://portal.office.com/Home) using your UWM email address (ePanther@uwm.edu) and ePanther password.
- After logging in, click on the Install Office button and select Office 365 apps.
- Although the video shows to click on "Install Office apps", please click on "Install apps" instead. Microsoft has updated this button but the subsequent steps will be the same.
- Follow the prompts to install the software package (.pkg for Mac, .exe for Windows). When asked to enter your account credentials, enter your UWM email address and ePanther password.
- Once your credentials are verified, Microsoft 365 Apps will now be activated on your machine.
- You may install Microsoft 365 Apps on up to 5 devices.
- If you don't have any installs left, you can deactivate one computer and install Microsoft 365 Apps on another.
- Installing additional languages on a computer that already has this version of Microsoft 365 doesn't count against your install limit.