Topics Map > Microsoft 365 > OneDrive
Topics Map > Storage > OneDrive
Office 365 (OneDrive for Business) - Uploading Files in OneDrive for Business
You can upload files to OneDrive for Business using a traditional upload window or by dragging-and-dropping; both methods are explained below.
Uploading Via the Add a Document Window
Follow these steps to upload files to OneDrive for Business using a traditional upload window.
1. From the OneDrive for Business app, navigate to the folder that you would like to upload files to and click the upload button in the toolbar. Then, select either Files to upload a file or files or Folder to upload a folder from your computer:
2. If you chose to upload a file or multiple files from your computer, select them in the Open window and then click the "Open" button:
Uploading Using Drag-and-Drop
Follow these steps to upload files to OneDrive for Business using drag-and-drop.
1. From the OneDrive for Business app, navigate to the folder to which you would like to upload files:
2. Open the folder on your computer that contains the files you wish to upload to OneDrive for Business in a separate window.
3. Select the file(s) on your computer you wish to upload to OneDrive for Business, drag them to OneDrive for Business in your browser window, and release the mouse in the files list area:
4. Confirm that the files successfully uploaded to the folder:
The OneDrive sync client is available for those who prefer managing their files using a desktop application over a web browser. To use the desktop sync client, you must install it and sync your library. Once synced, your OneDrive for Business library will appear as a folder on your computer from which you can view, upload, and share.